PDA

View Full Version : All IDN.SE 4 Free!

Absalon
22nd October 2006, 11:14 PM
I should mention to you guys as well (if anybody has missed it) that they are giving away IND domains under the ccTLD of .SE (Sweden) until the turn of the year. Free to reg as many as you want, no obligation to renew when the first free year is up.

Loopia.se and (some) other Swedish registrars offer this in order to promote IDN-domains in Sweden.

Post or PM me if you want to know more or need help.

Good luck!

Fka200
22nd October 2006, 11:16 PM
I should mention to you guys as well (if anybody has missed it) that they are giving away IND domains under the ccTLD of .SE (Sweden) until the turn of the year. Free to reg as many as you want, no obligation to renew when the first free year is up.

Loopia.se and other Swedish registrars offer this in order to promote IDN-domains in Sweden.

Post or PM me if you want to know more or need help.

Good luck!

it sounded like fun, but i dont understand swedish to navigate through the site.

Absalon
22nd October 2006, 11:31 PM
it sounded like fun, but i dont understand swedish to navigate through the site.

Actually you could look for availability at for instance DomainDiscount24.Com where you can do a bulk check (Loopia only lets you look at them one by one) and then send a list of the ones you want to registry@loopia.se with your name, address, e-mail and phone, and say that you want to park those domains. Doing it this way is of course kinda risky because of the time factor, but since they're for free anyway you don't really lose anything.

If you need help, I'm here.

ADDITION - seems something is wrong with the functionality at DD24 tonite - hopefully they have it fixed by tomorrow!

Fka200
23rd October 2006, 02:05 AM
Actually you could look for availability at for instance DomainDiscount24.Com where you can do a bulk check (Loopia only lets you look at them one by one) and then send a list of the ones you want to registry@loopia.se with your name, address, e-mail and phone, and say that you want to park those domains. Doing it this way is of course kinda risky because of the time factor, but since they're for free anyway you don't really lose anything.

If you need help, I'm here.

ADDITION - seems something is wrong with the functionality at DD24 tonite - hopefully they have it fixed by tomorrow!

sent them an email, but, when i try to check if its available on the website, it changed the characterto a ? (the idn character)... all other websites it'll check and show available just fine. anyone else having this problem?

tee1
23rd October 2006, 02:16 AM
dd24.net is down for me as well, page loads fine. Submit domain and then it gives me "unix socket"...

When they get it back up that is definetely the way to go, check via bulk register. then go to loopia.se and click the idn link. One thing I found out was

click Endast registrering av domännamn (which is registering just the domain) instead of the hosting ("Domännamn samt webbhotell.") option

I used systranet to help me navigate through the site, not much help finding words though.

tee1

Absalon
23rd October 2006, 07:43 PM
Now DD24 is running fine again!

dd24.net is down for me as well, page loads fine. Submit domain and then it gives me "unix socket"...

When they get it back up that is definetely the way to go, check via bulk register. then go to loopia.se and click the idn link. One thing I found out was

click Endast registrering av domännamn (which is registering just the domain) instead of the hosting ("Domännamn samt webbhotell.") option

I used systranet to help me navigate through the site, not much help finding words though.

tee1

Fka200
24th October 2006, 01:57 AM
i wanted some free sites, sent them an email, but no response :( oh well, reg'd some really nice arabic idns, so that made me smile.

alpha
24th October 2006, 07:15 AM

I don't understand swedish either :p but i managed to reg a fee of these. It's easy once you know which radio buttons to check.

PM me if you need a hand.

yanni
27th October 2006, 09:40 AM
.. .send a list of the ones you want to registry@loopia.se with your name, address, e-mail and phone, and say that you want to park those domains. Doing it this way is of course kinda risky because of the time factor, but since they're for free anyway you don't really lose anything.

Did this on the 23rd, got an email back saying that they don't do this (reg domains by email) and two days later the domain is regged by someone else :mad:

Oh well...

Absalon
27th October 2006, 01:29 PM
That really sucks.

They've done that for me (regged by email) but perhaps it's because I'm a frequent customer.

Sorry to hear about the missed chance. Hope it wasn't foul play in any way.

Did this on the 23rd, got an email back saying that they don't do this (reg domains by email) and two days later the domain is regged by someone else :mad:

Oh well...

yanni
28th October 2006, 09:41 AM
That really sucks.
Hope it wasn't foul play in any way.

Hope so as well. It was a two-word name, not extremely popular, but since I have the .com version and has some traffic I imagined the .se would get more.
Anyway, it seemed weird that it was regged within two days.

I will definately keep an eye on it to see what happens...