PDA

View Full Version : Overture?

outcell
22nd April 2006, 06:40 PM
Hi,

How do i get an overture on a domain name?

thanks

touchring
22nd April 2006, 06:45 PM
Go to http://inventory.overture.com

outcell
22nd April 2006, 06:51 PM
Thanks touchring

when i entered a keyword i got a list of the keyword with other names.. Do i just take the count?

Thanks

yanni
22nd April 2006, 06:54 PM
Thanks touchring

when i entered a keyword i got a list of the keyword with other names.. Do i just take the count?

Thanks

You probably shouldn't reg that keyword. Unless you're positive about its meaning.

outcell
22nd April 2006, 07:14 PM
Thanks yanni :)

For example i have 2core.net
what key word should i use, 2core? or dual core?

Thanks

rhys
22nd April 2006, 07:19 PM
Thanks yanni :)

For example i have 2core.net
what key word should i use, 2core? or dual core?

Thanks

Well, uh overture isn't like super intelligent. I would say use dual core if you are thinking about dualcore.net and 2core if you are thinking about 2core.net. The poor little database doesn't have the capability to intelligently parse inputs to understand that 2 and dual are synonymous.

outcell
22nd April 2006, 07:24 PM
Thanks, i am new to this.. I just registered 2core.net and wanted to get its overture.. So i should use the result from dual core keyword as the result for my domain right?

Thanks again

rhys
22nd April 2006, 07:32 PM
Thanks, i am new to this.. I just registered 2core.net and wanted to get its overture.. So i should use the result from dual core keyword as the result for my domain right?

Thanks again

Nope, use 2core. :confused:

By the way, this is the IDN Forum, we don't really deal in tips on ascii domains here. Try dnforum if you want to continue old world domaining. But hang around and read the old strings to learn how to catch the next wave which are IDNs.

outcell
22nd April 2006, 07:36 PM
Nope, use 2core. :confused:

By the way, this is the IDN Forum, we don't really deal in tips on ascii domains here. Try dnforum if you want to continue old world domaining. But hang around and read the old strings to learn how to catch the next wave which are IDNs.

I actually have 47 IDNs and many other normal ascii domains but i thought that the overture would be the same for both?

rhys
22nd April 2006, 08:02 PM
I actually have 47 IDNs and many other normal ascii domains but i thought that the overture would be the same for both?

No, actually the Overture you use may be different depending on the country/language. For example, Japanese overture scores between overture.com and overture.co.jp are completely different and you should absolutely defer to the the JP overture score.

outcell
23rd April 2006, 07:18 PM
No, actually the Overture you use may be different depending on the country/language. For example, Japanese overture scores between overture.com and overture.co.jp are completely different and you should absolutely defer to the the JP overture score.
Oh damn.. there is no arabic one :P

I also just noticed that the results in google differ from day to day! I didn't think it would lol

huronargentino
23rd April 2006, 07:50 PM
for internation overture you can check at my tool at idnpros.com/idntools/overture/index.php

idnceo
24th April 2006, 11:24 AM
for internation overture you can check at my tool at idnpros.com/idntools/overture/index.php

pretty sweet Huron your ovt. tool! i think im gonna be using it from now instead of having several windows of ovt. for different countries open. thanks! :)

OldIDNer
24th April 2006, 12:51 PM
If you want to check overture on a specific domain, enter the name with the extension.

g
24th April 2006, 10:42 PM
pretty sweet Huron your ovt. tool! i think im gonna be using it from now instead of having several windows of ovt. for different countries open. thanks! :)

very nice tool thanks for idnpros.com and thanks for idnceo for pointing it out