PDA

View Full Version : GoDaddy IDN

dusty
14th January 2008, 03:05 PM
How long has GoDaddy been offering IND registrations?
I just noticed it.

This seems like a really good thing since they are the biggest registrar. Would be nice if they put something about IDN in their next Super Bowl commercial.

thefabfive
14th January 2008, 03:07 PM
Not sure when they started offering IDN, but I've seen quite many IDNs recently with GoDaddy whois info. Registry of choice for some groups it seems.

14th January 2008, 03:07 PM
IDN in their next Super Bowl commercial.

Vilnius Broncos VS Moscow Jets :confused:

Good morning GD.
Where did you see idn's on godaddy? can't find it.

Fka200
14th January 2008, 03:20 PM
You can reg @ GD using punycode.

dusty
14th January 2008, 03:24 PM
You can reg @ GD using punycode.

https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/registrar/idn.asp?ci=10643

I don't see a link to IDN registration on the busy index page, but if you click the domains tab it mentions IDN just to the right of the orange search button.

14th January 2008, 03:35 PM
but if you click the domains tab it mentions IDN just to the right of the orange search button.

Thanks.

markits
14th January 2008, 05:07 PM
That's big!
Plus, today I received the 20th email offer to my jp creditcard domain. Can't be any happier.

Muhammad Mustafa
14th January 2008, 07:26 PM
although am no more love GoDaddy, but this is a good news.
guys at GoDaddy have to develop this more and more, you can search on only .com and .net, you can use both punycode and unicode on your search, the bulk tool is sucks, you will have to choose the domain's language each single time.
For those who using GoDaddy's hosting, it accepts IDNs now to be associated with your hosting :)

jacksonm
14th January 2008, 07:43 PM
although am no more love GoDaddy, but this is a good news.

This is bad news. I am still in acquisition mode.

thegenius1
14th January 2008, 09:41 PM
That's big!
Plus, today I received the 20th email offer to my jp creditcard domain. Can't be any happier.

What range if you dont mind ?

Company , Native , or domainer ?

burnsinternet
14th January 2008, 11:47 PM
I emailed GoDaddy about this a while back. I wanted to know if they really did allow IDNs. No response.

When GoDaddy does IDN, we are mainstream. No turning back.

jose
15th January 2008, 12:47 AM
I emailed GoDaddy about this a while back. I wanted to know if they really did allow IDNs. No response.

When GoDaddy does IDN, we are mainstream. No turning back.

DiTT0!

burnsinternet
19th January 2008, 05:16 AM
If you enter punycode or unicode, it now throws you here:

Start your Internationalized Domain Name Search Here!

Looking for a domain name expressed in a foreign language? With our Internationalized Domain Name search capabilities, you can register .COM and .NET domain names in over 100 native languages (non-ASCII characters) such as Chinese, Japanese and Arabic or in standard ASCII character format. For example: пустыня (Russian word for "desert") is equivalent to xn--m1adged4c3a in ASCII.

https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/registrar/idn.asp?ci=10645

phio
19th January 2008, 06:28 AM
I've regged idn's using godaddy since June 2007 or before. I like dynadot because of the delete for credit function. Godaddy is cheaper if you pay the 99 bucks to join their discount club -- around 7.05 a domain. Dynadot is 7.50 once you reach a certain minimum. It was easier to reg idn's w/godaddy using punycode before they enhanced their screens -- you could bulk register using punycode quite easily, haven't used it in a couple of months. Also, some extensions are not accepted with godaddy for idns so you have to find other registrars in certain cases. Also I don't believe they allow mixed scripting. Of course that's another issue.

Rubber Duck
19th January 2008, 06:33 AM
So when will Netsol admit they f*cked up on this one?

If you enter punycode or unicode, it now throws you here:

Start your Internationalized Domain Name Search Here!

Looking for a domain name expressed in a foreign language? With our Internationalized Domain Name search capabilities, you can register .COM and .NET domain names in over 100 native languages (non-ASCII characters) such as Chinese, Japanese and Arabic or in standard ASCII character format. For example: пустыня (Russian word for "desert") is equivalent to xn--m1adged4c3a in ASCII.

https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/registrar/idn.asp?ci=10645

burnsinternet
19th January 2008, 12:05 PM
January 2008 GoDaddy.com Newsletter (Delivered a few minutes ago)

I could start January eNews with a big announcement about our upcoming Super Bowl commercial (for now though, I'll simply tell you to come back to GoDaddy.com on February 3). Or I could tell you about our new NASCAR sponsorship...

Instead, I want to kick off eNews for the New Year with a couple of exciting product announcements. First, videoblogging is now available for our Quick Blogcast users... making it easier than ever to record, edit, compress, upload and post videos online. Second, for our domain customers, you can now register your .COM and .NET domain names in characters unique to over 100 languages, including Chinese, Korean and Arabic.

But that's not all. This January, we're also offering $10 off any order of $50 or more**, .MOBI domains for $7.99*, .TV domains for $19.99, .ORG domains for $6.99* and .INFO domains for just $2.99*... a $7 savings! Plus, Private Registration is free with your purchase of five or more domains.

Keep reading for even more news -- 2008 is going to be a great year!

Bob Parsons, Chairman & Founder

Rubber Duck
19th January 2008, 12:09 PM
Yes, much as I loathe GoDaddy, this has to be seen as a big step forward.

So does Bob Parsons think IDN have flopped? :confused:

burnsinternet
19th January 2008, 12:47 PM
I remember asking GoDaddy if they were able to allow IDN registration or if it was planned. I was told that they had no plans to allow registration of IDNs. They were a little snobby about it back then.

I don't think they see it as a 'faith in IDN' issue. They see it as a revenue producing opportunity. They allow registration of dot name, mobi, and other interesting extensions, so why not IDNs? They just had to see a market first.

<rant>

This means that the newbies will register a lot of junk. This means that the secondary market will jump. This means that the newbies will need education, support, and patience.

Guys and gals, it means that we have to become a part of that aftermarket and be helpful to these new IDNers. Each one of them is a potential customer. Treat them honestly, fairly, and respectfully and help them to see what we are all about. If we allow them to muck up their aftermarket without help, we will see the junk domains flying. They will lose respect for us and the possibilities of IDNing. Whether you believe it or not, they are an essential step toward a thriving aftermarket.

Yes, they are our competitors, but if you really think that you are doing anyone a favor by being snotty to them or ripping them off, you will be exposed. I will have no problem tearing into any of you publicly if I see unethical behavior. I will make sure that everyone knows it. I don't care what you do to me. You can't ban me from every forum. I will not stand idly by...

You know who you are.

</rant>

mrdomain
16th November 2008, 02:31 PM
idns with godady. i dont recommend.

jose
16th November 2008, 04:08 PM
edited