PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft to Update IE7 for MIX Confab

Explorer
19th March 2006, 04:47 PM
Looks like Microsoft is on track with respect to its timetable for IE7.

http://www.betanews.com/article/Microsoft_to_Update_IE7_for_MIX_Confab/1142615091

rhys
19th March 2006, 05:14 PM
Looks like Microsoft is on track with respect to its timetable for IE7.

http://www.betanews.com/article/Microsoft_to_Update_IE7_for_MIX_Confab/1142615091

On track for an August/September official release. :)

sarcle
19th March 2006, 07:07 PM
Yes all and all good news. I just wish reporters would do a little more searching and ask a few more questions before writing a story instead of making others do it for them...

News Story....

The special MIX 06 IE7 release will be distributed to attendees, but Microsoft has not committed to making the build public or available on MSDN.

Official IE7 Blog.

I am showing them our latest bits, which we plan to hand out for the MIX06 conference (and yes, we’ll hand out publicly after the conference too).

They are going to hand out the updated IE7 after the conference is over.

sarcle
19th March 2006, 07:08 PM
Yes all and all good news. I just wish reporters would do a little more searching and ask a few more questions before writing a story instead of making others do it for them...

News Story....

The special MIX 06 IE7 release will be distributed to attendees, but Microsoft has not committed to making the build public or available on MSDN.

Official IE7 Blog.

I am showing them our latest bits, which we plan to hand out for the MIX06 conference (and yes, we’ll hand out publicly after the conference too).

Rubber Duck
19th March 2006, 07:17 PM
I cannot think that the Automatic update version is so far away now. The layout will be fixed in this latest version, so the there on in its sounds like so much window dressing.

How much can still be missing that cannot be added or amended later as part of the routine updates. If you auto-update to IE 7.0 everbody who gets it is going to be on automatic updates so any minor problems shouid be able to be fixed in this manner. What else are they waiting for? An official opening by the Queen perhaps?

News Story....

Official IE7 Blog.

sarcle
19th March 2006, 08:05 PM
What else are they waiting for? An official opening by the Queen perhaps?

I wonder how much it costs to get her to show up to one of those? :)

Explorer
19th March 2006, 08:34 PM
I cannot think that the Automatic update version is so far away now. The layout will be fixed in this latest version, so the there on in its sounds like so much window dressing.

How much can still be missing that cannot be added or amended later as part of the routine updates. If you auto-update to IE 7.0 everbody who gets it is going to be on automatic updates so any minor problems shouid be able to be fixed in this manner. What else are they waiting for? An official opening by the Queen perhaps?

I wonder if the phrase "wake up rich" in this situation is too far-fetched.