PDA

View Full Version : Regarding IE7 and Plugin conflict

OldIDNer
7th March 2006, 01:48 AM
Gary from Verisign made a post on my IDNblog.com regarding the plugin conflict. They (V and M) know about it. He gives a fix so one can disable the plugin for the browser but still use the plugin to resolve email.

sarcle
7th March 2006, 01:57 AM
Gary from Verisign made a post on my IDNblog.com regarding the plugin conflict. They (V and M) know about it. He gives a fix so one can disable the plugin for the browser but still use the plugin to resolve email.

Great news. At least we know they are listening to us. :)

touchring
7th March 2006, 02:23 AM
There might also be conflict between the i-dns plugin (CNNIC) and IE7? I've not figured that out yet as i do not have IE7.

hanidn
7th March 2006, 02:51 AM
ms... blogs.msdn.com/ie
One or more of the security enhancements in IE7 may require an update in your code. The most notable changes include:
- "ActiveX opt-in" will disable most ActiveX controls on the system. If your ActiveX control needs to be enabled by default, we have put together a set of ActiveX best practices to help you understand how to make it safe enough to be used on the internet and enable it for use with IE7.

newspaper....
Internet Explorer 7 under Windows Vista runs in a special super-low user access mode that gives the browser very little access to the underlying OS, and ActiveX security has been tightened up significantly as well, with most ActiveX controls off by default and set to opt-in rather than opt-out.

ms....Gary Schare, Director of IE Product Management
With ActiveX Opt-in, we're disabling most of those by default and letting the user decide if they need to use them to access a particular site or application. Those are two examples and there are many more.

Drewbert
7th March 2006, 05:34 AM
And not before time.